I have used eBay for years to save a great deal of money on products. I continue to do so because for many products, especially computer/cell phone parts and accessories, eBay often saves me a great deal of money. Even if you don’t have eBay coupons, you can save a good amount every time you shop on eBay.
I recently discovered a way to save even more money when shopping on eBay. No eBay coupons are required, and you can get anywhere from 4%+ cash back on products you purchase on eBay.
How does this work? What you do is “stack” rebates to get substantial cash back from every eBay purchase you make.
Here’s where the rebates come from:
- Mr. Rebates – 1% cash back on almost every eBay purchase, plus a $7.50 bonus when you sign up. A+ company, the rebates are real and the cash back is outstanding.
- eBay Bucks – 2% cash back, automatically on eBay. The rebates are real, and can be applied to future eBay purchases.
- Credit Card rewards – 1%+ rewards for charging your eBay purchase through PayPal on a cash back credit card (there are many of them out there)
Here’s how you do it:
- Make sure you are signed up for an account on Mr. Rebates.com
- Go to Mr. Rebates and login. Do a search for eBay. You will see the eBay cash back link in the results. Click on that and it will take you back to eBay.
- In the window that Mr. Rebates opened (very important) find your item by searching or going to “my eBay” and bringing up the item.
- Click the “Buy it Now” button and checkout with PayPal (use your rewards card in PayPal if you have one).
- You will see your cash back in Mr. Rebates about 2 days after your purchase.
This is the formula I have followed and have earned a great deal of cash back for purchases on eBay. Please note that Mr. Rebates works on many additional sites and you should check them for cash back before making a purchase from any online merchant!
This can be a bit complicated, so leave a comment if you aren’t following this or if it does not work out for you.